Tuesday, March 17, 2009

IT'S ALIVE!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!

After five months monkeying around and rebuilding the top end, painting, tweaking, checking and everything else... after two weeks of tinkering and playing trying to get it to startup tonight was magic time! It didn't want to start and as I fiddled trying to get it going my finger covered a small hole in the rear head... viola! Its the vacuum line that is supposed to connect to the fuel tank. I popped a screw in there and POW all at once.

Bare witness...


In the vid you can see my temporary fuel tank solution. The actual tank only works with vacuum supplied via the hole I plugged. I'm waiting on a fitting to connect the hose (I broke the original). Till then the temp tank is the setup de jour.

Now just need to do the fork seals, install my new-to-me clutch lever, new hand grips and all the odds and ends and she is ready for the road.

1 comment:

erraberra said...

I just want you to know that after FINALLY catching up on this...I'm extremely impressed with all the work you've put into this bike, as well as the documenting you've done along the way! Great work!