Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Low work weekend

I didn't get much done this weekend on the Ascot. Merry had a mom/daughter day Saturday, and we went out Saturday night. Sunday we watched a friend's kids and then they and another couple came over in the eventing. Basically nothing happened. Monday night was my first go at it this weekend.

I got the carbs on and installed the plugs (I had the old plugs in for the painting). I got a bolt at the hardware store to put in the newly tapped hole that supports the sub frame and right foot peg. It's getting pretty close. I'm planning on logging some hours this weekend. The last parts I have on order are packing that go in the exhaust. Two where the header pipes connect to the middle thing (like a big muffler) and one where the muffler connects to the middle thing. They should be in this week so if all goes well the Ascot should run this weekend.

Oh, I got my new brake and clutch levers in too. They are great looking! I'm really impressed. Only $21 including shipping on ebay! So once the motor is running I still have the fork seals and master cylinder to rebuild then get all the i's dotted and all the t's crossed. Then I can start looking into body paint.

While poking around at the bike I began to think the handle bars aren't stock. they are a little high angled and they kick out a bit. You can kind of see what I'm talking about in this shot. I obviously haven't ridden it yet so I don't know if they are uncomfortable but they don't look it.

They should look more like this. You can see these turn almost 90 degrees and then another 90 to where the grips and switches are. Looks like a more comfortable upright bar and that's what I like.

No comments: