Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mild Update

I didn't do and substantive work today but took pictures of several things that need work. I'll post some here but the rest will be in my Picasa Page.

First we see the extent of the damage to the speedometer. The housing is cracked all the way around and the spot where the mounting bolt goes is totally ripped out. I'm going to try to epoxy it all back together in a way that doesn't look too crappy.


When it comes time to reasemble all the speedo parts I'm going to have to come up with a new way to seal it all up. The gasket that seals the front facia (with the windows for the guages) to the house is shot. Creativity will have to reign as I'm postive there isn't a replacement part for this.


Also interesting is the blinker situation. I posted before about getting the lighting situation working properly. I will have to replace the front two signals however. I may replace all the way around with LED though. Either way it's interesting that one front signal was two wire (Just blinks when turning) and the other was three wire (running light and blinker).


Lastly the tank has been kreemed or similar. I'm still not totally up on the tank treatments but it's obvious something has been done here. I'll need a mirror to inspect more closely but so far I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.


There are some more shots at the picasa page.

No comments: