Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Run down of the "To Do" list

There is plenty of work needed to get this bike up and running. In my mind it's all to be broken out into a priority list. I'm kind of using this post as my own notes so it's not going to be compelling reading.

Priority 1-ASAP: What needs to happen to get her on the road.
  • Old fuel drained from the system

  • Petcock cleaned/rebuilt

  • Carburetors cleaned/rebuilt

  • Fork Seals replaced

  • Front brake pads replaced (oily from failed fork seals)

  • Standard tune up stuff (plugs, oil/filter, coolant, rear end, air cleaner, etc)

  • Turn signals need some troubleshooting (no work-y) Probably start as duct tape solution

  • Maybe battery - I charged it up and it seemed to hold but cranks pretty slow


Priority 2-After 1: Comfort/Ride-ability/Tuning
  • Check out suspension in rear (assume front will be okay)

  • Look into seat replacement/repair/recover/something

  • More permanent turn signal solution (replacement/mod)

  • Look at instrument situation (they are kinda tweaked a bit)

  • Lube stuff: kickstand, center stand, cables etc.

  • Replace broken (not too bad) clutch lever


Priority 3-Over time/when available: Cosmetic/Preferential Mods
  • Take a stab at getting the rhino coating off panels and tank and repaint. (replace?)

  • Touch up paint in areas

  • Polish stuff that should shine

  • Add a rack or trunk

  • Windshield


I know this seems like a lot but I'm actually looking forward to this as a project. I just have to fit it in to my schedule at home. I don't want to take too much time away from the fam. After all one of the justifications for this motorcycle in the first place is to have MORE time with the fam.

No comments: