Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Signal For Good News

Well I think I have got my turn signals figured out. I looked into some options ranging from bold on LED signals, LED bulbs, aftermarket flashers you name it. All were expensive. I went to the motorcycle wrecker here and while they didn't have any used lights for me to dig through I did find a new pair of K&N Aluminum blinkers in a two pack for $25. The stock replacements were $25 per side and while these are smaller they are very bright. They don't have the stock mount but I've already started working something up using some aluminum tubing. I may change them out at some point but for now they will work well. The best part is they are three wire so I'll still have my front running lights and blinkers.

The best news is what I discovered in the back. It seems the rears were replaced (prior to my ownership) with the ones that I saw at the wrecker ($25 ea.) but they are the 3 wire version. So all I have to do to get rear running lights is run the wires from the front headlight bucket to the back. That's great. I'll get some pictures of my front signal mod when it's complete and post. I don't know if it will look cool but it will work.

Also while messing around I realized the the tail/brake light is pretty lack luster. I might add some brake light power. Not sure how right now but it's in my brain.

No comments: